I've learned something new from each of these sources, even if I don't necessarily agree with everything they contain. I'd love to hear what you recommend!
- Ted Andrews' books about connecting with animals and interpreting their messages are wonderful reference guides:
- Ellen Brenneman is an incredibly talented artist. Her series of paintings on spirit animals touched me so deeply when I discovered her Etsy store a few years ago that I had to email and tell her. I'm so glad I did! She has become a wonderful friend and pen pal. Visit her store or website and follow her on Facebook or YouTube to see her latest creations and go behind the scenes.
- A simple internet search will reveal many websites devoted to animal messages. I particularly like https://www.whats-your-sign.com as a starting point and enjoy that it features symbolism of all kinds, not just animals.
- You can also find a variety of spirit animal decks. My favorites include:
- Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals by Jamie Sams and David Carson
- Ancient Animal Wisdom Card Deck by Stacy James and Jada Fire
- Power Animal Oracle Cards by Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D.
- I can't recommend the MIR Method enough. MIR stands for "Mental and Intuitive Reset." Mireille Mettes, a holistic therapist in The Netherlands, created this simple DIY system to promote self-healing. It only takes a few minutes each day. I've done the program twice and experienced huge shifts each time. This handout provides a good overview, but the best way to understand what the MIR Method entails is the short introductory video.
- Tapping is another great DIY tool that's helped me in the past. You can learn more and find additional resources at https://www.thetappingsolution.com/tapping-101/.
NDE and Past Lives
- Anita Moorjani miraculously recovered from stage 4 cancer following a near-death experience (NDE). She powerfully details her NDE and the lessons she learned in Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing, followed by What If This Is Heaven? that sets forth spiritual teachings based on her experience. I love that she always brings everything back to LOVE. I am love, you are love, we are love.
- I also appreciated Lessons from the Light: What We Can Learn from the Near-Death Experience by Kenneth Ring and Evelyn Elsaesser Valarino because it includes many firsthand accounts. The authors have compiled these around different topics. I liked being able to see for myself certain uniform aspects of NDEs.
- Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received by Dannion Brinkley is another eye-opening read. To be honest, I don't know what to make of his claims regarding future predictions. But his personal journey is fascinating because he was a government assassin prior to having his NDEs and he describes how they changed his life.
- Brian L. Weiss, M.D. is a psychotherapist whose patients introduced him to the power of past-life therapy. He's authored several books on the topic. I sped through Many Lives, Many Masters and Only Love Is Real. Both are compelling reads!
astrology and spirituality
I enjoy these sites because they help provide context for the collective energy that may be impacting us at any given time. Learning about astrology has also been a fun way to gain insights into how other people may be wired differently than I am, while recognizing that none of us fit cookie cutter boxes. I'm all for anything that promotes greater compassion, tolerance and self-awareness.